Universe Creation

Discussion in 'Theories' started by master_T, Jun 11, 2008.

?

How do you think the Universe was created?

1. Big Bang Theory?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. String Therory?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Adam and Eve?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I have no idea..

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. master_T

master_T Poltergeist

What are your thoughts?

String Theory...
    String theory is a still-developing mathematical approach to theoretical physics, whose original building blocks are one-dimensional extended objects called strings. Unlike the point particles in quantum field theories like the standard model of particle physics, strings interact in a way that is almost uniquely specified by mathematical self-consistency, forming an apparently valid quantum theory of gravity.

Since its birth as the dual resonance model which described the strongly interacting hadrons as strings, the term string theory has changed to include any of a group of related superstring theories and larger frameworks such as M-theory, which unite them. A shared property of all these theories is the holographic principle.

String theorists have not yet completely described these theories, nor have they determined if these theories relate to the physical universe or how.[1] The logical coherence of the approach, however, and the fact that string theory can include all older theories of physics, have led many physicists to believe that such a connection is possible. In particular, string theory is the first candidate theory of everything, a way to describe all the known natural forces (gravitational, electromagnetic, weak and strong) and matter (quarks and leptons) in a mathematically complete system. On the other hand, many detractors criticise string theory because it has not yet provided experimentally testable predictions.

Like any other quantum theory of gravity, it is widely believed that testing the theory experimentally would be prohibitively expensive, requiring feats of engineering on a solar-system scale. Although string theory, like any other scientific theory, is falsifiable in principle, critics maintain that it is unfalsifiable for the foreseeable future, and so should not be called science.

Work on string theory is made interesting because of the mathematics involved, and because of the large number of forms that the theories can take. String theory strongly suggests that spacetime has eleven dimensions [2], not the usual three space and one time; but the theory can easily describe universes with four observable spacetime dimensions too.[3]

String theories include objects more general than strings, called branes. These are black-holes charged with a differential form vector potential which has more than one index, a different type of electricity and magnetism where the fundamental objects are extended. By studying certain p-branes and identifying them with D-branes, endpoints for strings, certain types of string theory are shown to be equivalent to certain types of more traditional gauge theory. Research on this equivalence has led to new insights on quantum chromodynamics, the fundamental theory of the strong nuclear force.[4][5][6][7]
    ----------------
    Big Bang

The Big Bang is the cosmological model of the universe, originally conceived to describe its origins, that is best supported by all cosmological observations. The essential idea is that the universe has expanded from a primordial hot and dense initial condition at some finite time in the past and continues to expand to this day. Observational evidence for the expansion of the universe came first from Edwin Hubble's 1929 discovery that galactic distances are proportional to their redshifts.[1] Since the universe is seen to be expanding today, theoretical cosmologists can make detailed predictions of the universe's denser and hotter past. A major feature of Big Bang cosmology is its prediction of the conditions of an early universe having extreme densities and temperatures that today can only be probed in high-energy environments. The results of Big Bang predictions have been found to conform accurately and precisely to a variety of astronomical observations.

Ironically, the term 'Big Bang' was first coined by Fred Hoyle in a derisory statement seeking to belittle the credibility of the theory that he did not believe to be true.[2] However, the discovery of the cosmic microwave background in 1964 was taken as almost undeniable support for the Big Bang.

Analysis of the spectrum of light from distant galaxies reveals a shift towards longer wavelengths proportional to each galaxy's distance in a relationship described by Hubble's law, which is taken to indicate that the universe is undergoing a continuous expansion. Furthermore, the cosmic microwave background radiation discovered in 1964 provides strong evidence that due to the expansion, the universe has naturally cooled from an extremely hot, dense initial state. The discovery of the cosmic microwave background led to almost universal acceptance among physicists, astronomers, and astrophysicists that the Big Bang describes the evolution of the universe quite well, at least in its broad outline.

Further evidence supporting the Big Bang model comes from the relative proportion of light elements in the universe. The observed abundances of hydrogen and helium throughout the cosmos closely match the calculated predictions for the formation of these elements from nuclear processes in the rapidly expanding and cooling first minutes of the universe, as logically and quantitatively detailed according to Big Bang nucleosynthesis.

-------------

A and E

The biblical story of Adam and Eve is told in the book of Genesis, chapters 1, 2 and 3, with some additional elements in chapters 4 and 5.

In Genesis 1 God (called Elohim) creates humans "male and female" in His image, and gives them dominion over the living things He has created, and commands them to "be fruitful and multiply."

Genesis 2 opens with God (called Yahweh Elohim) fashioning a man from the dust and blowing life into his nostrils. God plants a garden (the Garden of Eden) and sets the man there, "to work it and watch over it," permitting him to eat of all the trees in the garden except the tree of knowledge of good and evil, "for on the day you eat of it you shall surely die." Then God creates the animals, attempting to find a help-mate for the man; but none of the animals are satisfactory, and so God causes the man to sleep, and creates a woman from his rib. The man names her "Woman" (Heb. ishshah), "for this one was taken from a man" (Heb. ish). "On account of this a man leaves his father and his mother and clings to his woman." Genesis 2 ends with the note that the man and woman were naked, and were not ashamed.

Genesis 3 introduces the Snake, "slier than every beast of the field." The snake temps the woman to eat from the forbidden tree, telling her that it will not lead to death; she succumbs, and gives the fruit to the man, who eats also, "and the eyes of the two of them were opened." Aware now of their nakedness, they make coverings of fig leaves, and hide from the sight of God (still called Yahweh Elohim). God, perceiving that they have broken His command, curses them with hard labour and with pain in childbirth, and banishes them from His garden, setting a cherub at the gate to bar their way to the Tree of Life, "lest he put out his hand ... and eat, and live forever."

Genesis 4 and 5 give the story of Adam and Eve's family after they leave the garden: they have three children, Cain, Abel and Seth, as well as other sons and daughters, and Adam's lifespan is 930 years. ("The woman" is given the name Eve in the closing verses of Genesis 3, "because she was the mother of all living"; Adam gets his name when the initial indefinite article is dropped, changing "ha-adam", "the man", to "Adam".)

2. joseph

joseph Residual

I read somewhere that the big bang theory and the string theory were somewhat related to each other. In which the big bang could have been resulted from the collision of two separate dimensions. I don't know much about the string theory though, so I can only vote on what I read, but I vote for big bang theory, since I can only vote for one.

3. hauntdone

hauntdone Residual

I voted for Adam and Eve only because it was the closest to what i actually believe.
    I believe there is a "Higher Power" that did create everything,I just don't believe in the Adam and Eve story from the bible.I am not a big fan of organized religion,but do believe there is something bigger than us responsible for our being.

4. joesephc

joesephc Residual

Dear Friends,

The way to view the beginning of God's creation would resemble an explosion of matter, space, and time from a single point. Only a mind beyond our understanding could create the universe, thus a God.

Adam and Eve represent what was designed in the God's mind and was brought into being. The story is written for the human mind to grasp. We may understand the exact meaning of the story when the ability to understand it has been given to us.

In the mean time, we study clues from natural history and human knowledge. My studies suggest people have been around for much longer than our current records tell us. All that time and human experience was planned by God and created at the first moment. He did it from a place untouched by time. This may be why spirits seem to see all we do and know what will happen beforehand.

joesephc

5. oddnumber

oddnumber Residual

I agree with JosephC that the beginning of the universe is beyond our understanding for now and I believe that the theories and assumptions are just a way to make sense of our world.

I definitely do not believe that Adam and Eve was created before there was actually a universe, otherwise they would be floating in nothingness, a place without existence. Therefore Adam and Eve would be out of the question in regards to the very beginning of the universe.

I also agree with the other Joseph that the Universe might have been caused by a Big Bang, since studies of the the universe, with astronomy and mapping of the stars have concluded that the universe is indeed expanding. The speed at which the universe is expanding is not constant so, there must be a force acting upon it, causing it to slow down or speed up.

I might have heard the same thing as the other Joseph, about the dimensional planes causing the big bang, but the string theory is just a bunch of theories strung together to explain the current state of the world. However the mathematics behind the string theory is very fluid and could quite possibly be an explanation. But then again numbers were created by people to create a reference for things that are available.

Since the top three options haven't been proven and most of them are theories. I voted for "I have no idea...", since no one have proved to me the existence of either one of those. Sure the universe is expanding, but what caused the big bang. What caused the cosmic inflation that is the universe today, what was the force acting upon it?

Adam and Eve... are just humans. Could they have existed before the very first stars, skies, molecules... Maybe they were created at the same time... but I believe they needed to be created after in order to be placed in their habitat.

String theory..., I don't know much about this...

There goes my opinion lol

6. Devils_Darkness

Devils_Darkness Residual

I put I have no idea because while I've taken many science classes and they had made big bang make sense to me...I also feel like there was something more to it. Like a powers that be giving a push of aid in things here to there to help things come to what they are now.

I'm not one to to say Adam and Evan either because while I respect the belief in God and trust that there is a higher power I don't follow a particular religion and more have a belief in higher being"S". It's why when you're around me enough you'd hear me saying things like Powers That Be or Fates more often then God or goddess.

7. SASWS_Paranormal

SASWS_Paranormal Residual

What about the "Sneeze Theory"??? Were the Creator just had a sneeze. LOL