Is this a Chuppacabra?

Discussion in 'UFO's and Cryptozoology' started by stmac70, Sep 17, 2008.

1. stmac70

stmac70 Residual

2. bkiff

bkiff Residual

I don't know what that is. Nasty looking though.

3. Devils_Darkness

Devils_Darkness Residual

I'm not sure if I'm just trying too hard to look for a hoax explanation, but the front limbs seems like that could possibly have scaring. Like as in a taxidermy job combining the current animal with another animal's shorter front limbs?

If not...

The way the muzzle appears it seems to be canine meets a pig of some sort. The ears seem pig like as well, but the fur of the tail and the bone of the hind legs seems wrong to me for a pig.

It could be a type of marsupial or maybe the chuppa thingy is even a type of rare marsupial. Many marsupials do seem to have the longer hind legs than front.

The closest marsupials I saw (from a quick search) to something like this were the:
    - Macropod http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macropodidae
    - Diprotodon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diprotodon
    - pig-footed bandicoot http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaeropodidae

4. stmac70

stmac70 Residual

This one happened to be killed in Arkansas when it was attacking a guys 2 dogs. There are at least 4 other pictures. I will see if I can get them.

5. train

train Poltergeist

kinda looks like one St but if i remember was the snout not longer and not sure about the tail..but what a creepy whatever it is anyhow..looks pretty close to it tho

thanks for sharing st.. :)

xoxo
    train

6. zoe74

zoe74 Residual

I really believe that this is some sort of a dog. There is some kind of thing going on on the abdomen, but I don't know what stage of decomposition it is in. As for the lack of fur... it could be a Chinese Crested breed of dog or, seeing as there is a lot more fur on the tail than anywhere else, I think that the dog could have had their fur boiled off, held upside down by the tail. When my husband was in China, that was how their hosts prepared dog.

7. spooked_1

spooked_1 Residual

I would just like to say.....EWWWW!

8. MelanieS

MelanieS Residual

This looks exactly like the four "chupacabra" examples that were found in eastern Texas. There was a program just today on the History Channel that talked about this very thing. This creature looks exactly like those they found in Texas and Puerto Rico. They have run DNA and dozens of other tests on the tissue, skin and hair samples obtained by them. They can't determine if it's a mangey canine (dog, coyote, etc) or not.

I think it looked very marsupial, too, but oddly enough that wasn't mentioned at all in the program.

9. styxx374

styxx374 Residual

Very creepy indeed. Are they having this one DNA tested too?

10. starbaby1226

starbaby1226 Residual

I don't think so. It looks like a dog with a bad case of Mange. sorry

11. L.Gaunder

L.Gaunder Residual

My friend's friend has a Video on his cam if he still has it I'll ask him to upload to Youtube. It sorta looks like that , He's all into that chasing the yettie deal.

12. starbaby1226

starbaby1226 Residual

That would be great if we could see the video. i am into the myths as well. So I am trying to believe there is a Chuppacabra, but this is just one of those things that is going to be hard to prove or debunk. Because no one knows for sure about. I guess what I am saying Chuppacabra is just on of those cases that needs some kind of truth answered. I would like to see this clip if you can get it uploaded.

13. GloomySiren

GloomySiren Residual

It's a coyote with mange mites.

14. L.Gaunder

L.Gaunder Residual

To me looks like a dead Taco Bell dog or one of those Hairless Mexican dogs they have for the Ugliest Dog Contest..come to think of it ya haven't seen the Taco bell dog for a while now..Hmmm

15. GloomySiren

GloomySiren Residual

Could be LG, but definately the most compelling video I've seen is that video the Texas cops filmed, the footage looks alot like the last footage of the Tazmaian Tiger thought to be exinct...maybe its not.

http://user.tninet.se/~kmr888m/fotogalleri1.htm Mexican hairless dogs

16. stmac70

stmac70 Residual

that is interesting about the mexican hairless dog,but the picture that i originally posted was of an animal that was killed after attacking 2 pitbulls in eastern part of arkansas.

I havent seen any updates of what anybody decided what it was,but i will look for any updates on it to see if they decided what it was.