Have You guys ever thought of Checking out the Jersey Devil?

Discussion in 'UFO's and Cryptozoology' started by Mslolabunny, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Mslolabunny

Mslolabunny Guest

I just read Tim's question about the mothman and I think that would be awesome have you guys also thought about shooting over to the pine barrens in New Jersey and checking out the Jersey Devil?

Its been the subject of many books and has also been on Scariest Places on Earth and Real Scary Stories, it also made itself to the big screen in the Movie The Last Broadcast. I dont know the full story all I know is he is suppose to be the 13th child born whom's mother said if I am to have a 13th child he will be the devil, and when he was born he took flight with his wings up the chimmney, she even has decedants around the area also. Sounds like a creepy night in a place called the Pine Barren's thats for sure.

2. bkiff

bkiff Residual

Hey, I've looked for the Jersey Devil. I am from South Jersey after all. The Pine Barrens are a big place. Looking for the JD is like the proverbial needle in the haystack. I've been camping and 4 wheeling down there and never saw hide nor hair of him. Call me a skeptic, but I think the whole story is just that. A story. It's a fun story though and makes for some good campfire discussions.

3. Mslolabunny

Mslolabunny Guest

omg bk how cool is that So you have gone looking for him right on thats totally rockikng. So the mother leeds story doesnt exist or they made it up for Scariest Places On Earth? Well it was just a thought because someone brought up the mothman so I figured why not. Thanks again Bk One more question Isnt there supoose to be a certain place in the Pine Barrens that hes been know to show himself or are they really that big? Sorry Layperson when it comes to
    New Jersey so all I have to go on is what I have seen on tv

4. bkiff

bkiff Residual

Not sure exactly where he is said to appear a lot. But let me tell you, I have been all over the barrens and I have never seen him. That doesn't mean he's not real. There have been sightings as far back as the revolutionary war.
    Thee probably is some truth to the stories, but like a lot of things, the stories get embellished over time.

Of course this is all in my opinion. Your mileage may vary. :)

5. Mslolabunny

Mslolabunny Guest

Well I have never been to NJ so I have no mileage lol I just thought it might be cool or I should say as cool as the Mothman whom doesnt appear on command either lmao

6. bkiff

bkiff Residual

It's still a needle in a haystack deal.

It's like ghosthunting. You know there are a lot of ghosts. Maybe millions. But catching one is tough. WAith the Jersey Devil there's only supposed to be one. Its a needle in a haystack.