Ghosts more visable on the ultraviolet spectrum?

Discussion in 'Theories' started by Mike_D, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Mike_D

Mike_D Residual

I came across a website a few years back that I can no longer locate. My google-fu might be rusty or the site may have been taken down since then. It was called "Project Hawkeye" and was made by a guy whos theory was that ghosts might be more visible in photographs on the low-level ultraviolet spectrum.

He said that most modern cameras are designed to filter out most of the ultraviolet light and that could be why ghosts dont always show up on film even if you were looking right at one at the time you took the photograph. You can buy special ultraviolet camera lenses but they aren't cheap ($3000 or more). So his solution was to use an array of old cameras from the 40's and 50's that didnt have any kind of filters.

If I remember correctly he was using a set of three brownie hawkeye cameras.
    http://www.brownie-camera.com/27.shtml

He was using three because they dont have a very high resolution individually. He was trying to set them up on a tripod at certain distances apart so they could be combined into one photo more easily. Last time I checked it a few years ago he was still in the process of putting it together. So the results are still unknown.

Has anyone heard of this site or theory before?

2. SASWS_Paranormal

SASWS_Paranormal Residual

I've heard of this. The theory has been discussed by many for some time, but has not been thoroughly tested yet.

3. master_T

master_T Poltergeist

Mike I have heard of people using uv cameras for ghost hunting, but now they are much cheaper then one would think. And with proper research one can make the proper adjustments to there own camera.

We will be using a couple full spectrum ir/uv dvr cameras in the near future.

-tim

4. joesephc

joesephc Residual

Glass lenses are poor at passing IR and UV light. That is why UV lenses are very expensive. IR far wavelength (heat) lenses use polyethelene instead of glass. Actually, pinhole lenses have no glass and pass all wavelengths. Unfortunately, pinholes can only be fitted to cameras with removable lenses.

Glass zoom lens cameras have multiple lenses and are the absolute worst for UV. They have lense flare problems in sunlight as well. Flash tends to get in also. The use of lens hoods is greatly recommended.

joecioppi

5. Anddos

Anddos Residual

i would love to see full spectrum qauds , also ever thought about using 1 qaud for thermal until you go to walk around with it TIM

6. L.Gaunder

L.Gaunder Residual

I was thinking the same and asked Tim but I think it got lost in the Chat convo's on One Thursday.

7. master_T

master_T Poltergeist

i had to put the whole project on the back burner for a bit because of all the traveling that we had embarked on the past month. However these cameras shall be released soon on the stream.