EVP's: Words Vs Phrases

Discussion in 'Theories' started by L.Gaunder, Sep 19, 2008.

1. L.Gaunder

L.Gaunder Residual

I am huge on EVP's guess you could call it my nitch. I was curious why most EVP's are just one word? I have gotten phrases but they are far and inbetween. I find it just freaky how many ppl answer my questions. I encourage everyone to do EVP's you'll be amazed. I'm just waiting for someone to make a deadphone that you can have a total convo with the dead...how cool would that be.

Do you think they are saying phrases but only one word comes thru or They don't have enough energy to say a whole phrase?

I also wanna hear Tim's Theory on the Backwards thing. Plus what everyone things about the whole theory on when you die you can speak every language on the face of the earth. Which I think is total BS, but watching GHI they visited a place that was over 1000 years old and poof they spoke english clear as day on the EVP's..Umm no.

Ok open for discussion..like to hear everyone input on this...

2. L.Gaunder

L.Gaunder Residual

Going to add to this from my studies of EVP's and you can all add your thoughts.

I have found that children voices come thru better then adults. Adult EVP's are usually in for of a whisper. My though... Children pass on with more energy and they can project their voice better.

You get more words or just sounds then Phrases. Maybe they are forming phrases and we don't hear them or They don't have the energy to form phrases and just words come thru.

Now I am curious on one thing. To make words you need vocal chords. As spirits you don't have a "Body" hence no vocal chords...so how do they project a voice?

3. Devils_Darkness

Devils_Darkness Residual

Well sounds are just vibrations in the air that our brains interpret into the sound me hear. Depending the waves that these vibrations cause is what gives us the different sounds.

Going off that perhaps spirits have just learned how to manipulate vibrations that are already present in the air (which could explain why it is said white noise helps with the capture of evps) or they have learned a different way to create these vibrations.

4. L.Gaunder

L.Gaunder Residual

Yeah I found that white noise does help... The cemetery on Amelia island has a factory near it that is a constant white noise generator.. and cars help too as long as they are noisey POS as Tim calls em and motorcycles not too good tho *Laugh*

Was going to try to set the Franks box on one station of static and see how that works for me.

5. bkiff

bkiff Residual

At my old house, a few years back, I used to use a large floor fan in the summer. When the fan was off I would hear nothing. But when the fan was on, late at night, I swear I could hear someone talking. Just rambing on about something. I have no idea what they were saying, it was too faint.

This only happened once in a while.

6. Devils_Darkness

Devils_Darkness Residual

the fan bit is actually how I got a couple possible evp's from my work. I was recording around the time it was hot and we try not to use the AC so I had brought in a small desktop fan. I had it running and had my recorder going not too far from it.

Although I've also gotten stuff without the fan on before as well, but not as often.

7. L.Gaunder

L.Gaunder Residual

Hubby going on a camping trip ..might have to try the fan thing in my home. I have some buddies in my house , I wanna see if I can find out if they are attached to the home as in past owners or hitchhikers from a location. I don't mind either as long as they behave which I tell them so all the time. If not they have to go bye bye.

8. bkiff

bkiff Residual

Let us know if you get something.

9. Nightowl

Nightowl Residual

I know of someone who thought they were hearing a voice when the aquarium filter was running. Maybe related to the fan theory.

10. stmac70

stmac70 Residual

I sleep at night with a box fan going to drowned out noise....sometimes when i am laying in a certain position i can hear music...cant make it out as to what song but definitely music. Ill turn over and not hear it anymore but then when i turn back over i hear it. Now I have gotten up and searched the entire house looking for this sound of music and nothing. about a year ago i was woke up by someone shouting at me to GET UP!!!!. Scared the Hell out of me. I got up again and went through out the house and nothing, even went outside to see if someone was outside my window.

The music thing I have heard nearly all my life and just have gotten used to it....it usually starts with a ringing in my ears and then music....its kinda funny because i can sometimes make out Tejano.Country or Rock and even big band style but cant figure out what song it is...and i have nearly always slept with a box fan going.

11. Devils_Darkness

Devils_Darkness Residual

I do kind of the same thing. I sleep with a air purifier type thing on all the time, even though it's been getting rather cold with it on. Though my results are a little opposite. Originally I had the thing going on to drown out (or drive away) mosquitoes that kept me awake with their buzzing. If I threw the blanket over my head it got too hot so I had the thing on and it helped me sleep.

After they stopped coming as often I've tried sleeping with the thing off and whenever I do I've noticed all sorts of things I had gotten used to hearing before. There were a few occasions where I'd be laying with the thing off and after a little while I heard what I thought was my dad walk into my room and then I heard my chair turn some (really need to add oil or something to it cause it creeks like mad). I just figured it had to be my dad checking the light for our internet connection (as some of you may remember my connection is prone to dying out randomly). Well it kept sounding so I rolled over and looked to see what he could have been doing just sitting there still. Of course when I looked nobody was there. I figured I must have just not heard him walk out so I rolled back over and closed my eyes again. A few moments later I heard my chair move again so this time I rolled over and sat up quick again and still nobody in my room. I remember muttering out a tired "I'm trying to sleep so hush" and then going back to bed and the sounds would stop for a while and start up again later on at night. So I'd turned the purifier back on and it would drown out the sounds.

Wonder how long it will take me to get used to the sounds again once it gets too cold to have the thing on :?