Be interesting to see what becomes of this

Discussion in 'Paranormal News' started by Bodhi, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Bodhi

Bodhi Residual

Mystery of coffin in cellar to be solved
    Investigation at hotel
    Published: 23/06/2008

A NORTH-EAST legend that claims the former owner of a hotel was entombed in the basement is set to be investigated.

Kemnay hotelier Malcolm Edwards is to open up a cellar wall in the Burnett Arms after an infrared probe camera revealed what appears to be a framed photograph and a box.

It is said former landlady Maggie Duffton died in 1931 and had three coffins made – one to be buried in a family grave in Kemnay churchyard and the other two, one containing her body and the other her money – to be walled-up in the depths of the hotel.

Malcolm said: “There is something there.

“The picture is hazy, but it’s definitely box-like.

“There is also what appears to be a book or a photo propped at the far end.â€

2. train

train Poltergeist

bodies in the celler

:D Now that is a cool story,,,how interesting is that...whats the chances there is a coffin with cash in it...

any idea if this event is being streamed or ??? and im gathering this hotel is in Aussie Land

lol lets just hope its not another al copone;s vault..dang that had you so built up for such a let down...

thanks for sharing that article with us Bodhi :)

xoxoxo
    train
    choooo chooooo

3. master_T

master_T Poltergeist Staff Member

cool article bodhi! I was thinking the same thing to that it didn't kind of sound like the capone vault thing..If you get any updates to this story please fill us in!

4. spook

spook Residual

i'd love to see the pic they captured with their infrared camera.. :shock:
    interesting story indeed!
    definitely keep us updated Bodhi.. thanks for sharing!

5. chastam

chastam Residual

Wow this is a really neat story...can't wait to find out whats in the box....money would be cool :)
    Thanks for sharing!

6. mace

mace Residual

cash hey ??

makes me wanna do a sneaky and get in and pilage before anyones else can lol

7. Bodhi

Bodhi Residual

Re: bodies in the celler

Dont think its being streamed I think they are only playing it in the bar above the cellar but I will keep you updated... hopefully there will be some pics & maybe they will have the video!! :D

No unfortunately its not in Australia Train Kemnay is actually in Scotland... wish it was here though I would be there for sure!!! hehehe

8. secretsign

secretsign Residual

Oh! how I love a good mistery. Plezzz update soon as you can.

9. missi396

missi396 Residual

This is really cool I cant wait to hearmore on it!! Yes please keep us updated my curiosity is now peeked lol

10. master_T

any updates to this?? Your keeping us in suspence.. :p

11. Bodhi

Bodhi Residual

Hehehehe... sorry to keep you all suspended for so long!! :D Theres 4 more days till they are due to open it. Its only being played up in the bar guess its a good way of getting more patrons in... I will let you know the outcome Im keeping my fingers crossed that they will have some pics or something!!

12. train

train Poltergeist

update from scotland

:D Thanks Bodhi...will be waiting for your post, im dying to know if they find anything..and i hear you on playing it up...helps bring in the revenue and the media...4 more days i can wait..but don't forget us lol

xoxo
    train

13. master_T

thanks bodhi im really interested to see what happens with this..

14. tess

tess Residual

She might be there but I bet after she died, who ever walled her up spent any money she had :lol: :lol:

Here are the only pics I can find on it.

[​IMG]
    LOOKING FOR ANSWERS: Stonemason Karl Bisset with the infrared camera at the hotel. Raymond Besant

[​IMG]
    The view behind the cellar walls

[​IMG]
    The headstone in Kemnay Cemetery.

[​IMG]
    The Burnett Arms Hotel in Kemnay

[​IMG]
    Pub landlord Malcolm Edwards

SHE’S been seen floating about the lounge of a North-east hotel wearing a pink wedding dress.

But the legend of the ghost of Maggie Duffton at Kemnay could soon be solved once and for all when a wall is knocked down.

The Burnett Arms Hotel in Kemnay is said to be haunted by the ghost of former owner Maggie.

Her coffin is rumoured to lie in a walled-up vault in the hotel cellar.

Now hotel boss Malcolm Edwards, pictured, is determined to uncover what really lies behind the wall. Within the next few weeks, Malcolm intends to smash through into the vault and reveal the truth.

He said: “We are intending to break down the wall in the near future and villagers are invited to come and watch.

“It should be an exciting night.â€

15. Bodhi

Bodhi Residual

Wow thats great Tess!! Unfortunately I havent been able to find out much more about the outcome!! I have sent emails but have yet to receive a reply!!! :(