Discussion in 'Announcements' started by krzymoose, Feb 27, 2008.

1. krzymoose

krzymoose Residual

Hey, I am unable to put up my avatar....size is all correct but it won't load. Whassup???

2. I'm having the same problem. Try loading an 80x80 under 4k, and it loads, but won't display.

3. train

train Poltergeist

Hey Krzy..hmm should work i did my new one yesterday..try coping and pasting from photobucket the http address which is the direct link off of there site...you should see four different links then copy and paste it in your profile under LINK TO OFF SITE AVATAR...if you use any of the other areas they show on your profile..you will get an error message that your avatar is to large in size or the mb is too large...hope this helps :D

p.s. remember when you finish adding your link..to hit the submit button and bottom to save it..if not will show not there....

4. spook

spook Residual

Train.. good directions for everyone. that's how i do it as well
    by the way Train.. love your new avatar!!! :D

spook
    [​IMG]

5. train

train Poltergeist

haha Spook..thru trial and error is how i found out..for the life of me i swear my mind is going lol..but it all came back to me yesterday....and thanks for the compliment on avatar of mine...have a groovy day at work at see you thurs.. and goodness give your poor typing fingers a nice soak after all these notes you are doing...xoxo luv yeah train :D

6. spook

spook Residual

haha Train.. thanks hun! :wink: i have posted Night 2 and shall have Night 3 and last night's investigations up late late late this evening..as i'll run home from work to get those done. it's exciting going through them all again, and seeing the screen caps we got etc etc. wait until you all see Sunday's notes! oh my.. some of the stuff we have is incredible! :shock:

Train? and everyone else.. have a super duper groovy day!

spook
    [​IMG]

7. train

train Poltergeist

avators

preston, try the same thing i told krzy to do..that should work like a charm..your putting the code or url into the wrong area..its not working..believe me i know...good luck train

8. krzymoose

krzymoose Residual

Well, I don't know what to say! I'm not really technically challenged and tried this same process about 6 times before I gave up. I went and tried it one more time and now it works......but i swear!!! I didn't before I posted this! haha.....Tim probably secretly fixed it to make me feel even more crazy lmao!!

[​IMG]

9. master_T

master_T Poltergeist Staff Member

WOW! THATS SOME MOOOOOSE THERE! :shock:

10. krzymoose

krzymoose Residual

He-he you likey???

11. train

train Poltergeist

dang who shot bullwinkle lol :wink:

12. krzymoose

krzymoose Residual

Rumor is....Rocky the Squirrel did it!

13. putty_tat007

putty_tat007 Ghost

Same for me Moosey dear. :shock:

14. Mslolabunny

Mslolabunny Guest

dont feel bad krzy I did the same thing I went to look for a new pic took me oh I dont know 2 hrs to find the right size then it wouldnt work thanks to my friends on the boards I figured out I was putting my link in the wrong box :? oh well I got it right now.. I love your moose btw he is very cute...

15. train

train Poltergeist

dang that flying squirrel..i new he had issues, hanging out with a moose...

:wink:

16. Thanks for the advice, Train and Krzymoose!
    I've set up my photobucket account, and now I have to find that elusive creative bone in my body to make an avatar. Art is not something that comes natural to me.
    Preston

17. krzymoose

krzymoose Residual

Hey...no moose slammin! HAHA

18. judy_schoonmaker

judy_schoonmaker Residual

I can't seem to get an avatar in myself...tried and tried..geez, talk about technically challenged! :roll: I know eventually I'll get it if I don't get too annoyed and give up.

19. spook

spook Residual

judy.. i am not sure what you are trying.. but try this:
    **once your pic is in photobucket, and to the appropriate size,
    **then, copy the "direct link" and go to your profile here,
    **go to the bottom in "Link to Off Site Avatar" and plunk it in there
    **then "submit"

ok?
    let me know if that helps! :wink:
    spook
    [​IMG]

20. judy_schoonmaker

judy_schoonmaker Residual

Thank you Spook. I'm going to give it a try with photo bucket. I've been using ImageShack but can't seem to do anything there, so now I'm trying to retrieve my photobucket password since I haven't used it for so long I forgot my password! :-({|= Long story......LOL!!!!! If I have an avatar after this you know I made it!