a Jacobs Ladder

Discussion in 'Paranormal Equipment' started by stmac70, Sep 18, 2008.

1. stmac70

stmac70 Residual

<object><param></param><param></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GXD_pYBJ8FE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. bkiff

bkiff Residual

I made one of them years ago. I used an oil furnace transformer (puts out 10,000 volts) and a couple of metal rods.

3. train

train Poltergeist

jacobs ladder

wow never seen anything quite like that, tho i have heard of jacobs ladder was not sure what it was. Looks like something you would see in Dr. Frankensteins lab lol My question is what is it used for..i have to go to work like in 5 min..so need to finish getting ready so no time to google lol...

Thanks for sharing with us St :)

xoxoxo
    train

4. master_T

master_T Poltergeist

Re: jacobs ladder

mac cool vid. i get what your saying about it being like an ion cannon, however this would dispurse at probably higher rate although its probably ten times more dangerous. lol

5. bkiff

bkiff Residual

Yes. More dangerous. Get hit by it and it will knock you on your rear. I know from experience. :)

Train...All the old Frankenstein movies used a Jacob's Ladder in the lab.

6. princessanna

princessanna Residual

Ok What do you use it for?

7. bkiff

bkiff Residual

Me? I thought it looked cool. :)

8. master_T

master_T Poltergeist

anna some researchers believe that ghosts manifest off negatively charged particles called ions..the jacobs latter disperses high amounts of these ions into the air thus theoretically helping spirits to manifest.

9. Devils_Darkness

Devils_Darkness Residual

I use it to decorate my secret lab of course. :twisted:

10. horseshoehank

horseshoehank Residual

a neon light transformer(removed from your favorite beer sign) and a couple copper rods can surely knock you over, let me tell you....but they look cool and make lots of ozone...

We should test this as an ion dispersal tool...

Chuck

11. bkiff

bkiff Residual

They're kind of noisy though.

12. stmac70

stmac70 Residual

Thats what my idea was and is....the jacobs ladder has been put on the back burner for right now and we are making a Tesla Coil....should be done soon ....i will post a vid hopefully or at least pics.